I don’t know about you, but I always find myself packing way too much into Friday and Saturday, leaving no time for myself (FOMO much?). By the time Sunday rolls around, I’m in desperate need of some self-care. Here are a few of my tried and tested tips to relax, unwind, get rid of the #Sundayscaries, and prep yourself for an amazing week:
- Take a bath – those who know me know that one of my favourite things to do is take a bath while enjoying an episode of The Good Wife or flipping through a few chapters of my latest read (current book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck). I love throwing in a bath bomb, adding a few drops of lavender oil, and a sprinkle of Epsom salts for the ultimate detox sesh. We’ve heard that some of our NIU BODY babes like using our cleansing oil as a hydrating oil in the bath for aromatherapy!
- At-home spa – who says you need to spend big bucks to be pampered? Whenever I’m in need of a pick-me-up, I apply a face mask (try one of our purifying clay masks), dry brush my body (read here to learn more about the art of dry brushing), and exfoliate my lips with our sugar lip polish. The whole process takes around half an hour, and it makes me feel refreshed and renewed.
- Meal prep – is it just me, or is meal prepping one of the most soothing activities? One of my favourite things to do is plan my meals for the entire week. I recently purchased these meal prep kits and absolutely love them! It takes me about two hours to prepare, and saves me so much time during the week!
- Cook a delicious dinner – speaking of food, I recommend taking the extra time you have on Sunday to indulge in your fave home-cooked meal. Try cooking mindfully and slowly enjoy every bite of your creation. Jennifer Aniston’s go-to is a yummy pasta.
- Plan your week – this may be stressful for some, but I personally find it extremely calming to write out my to-do list for the next day/week. I first write down a list of all the tasks I have to tackle, then I re-write the list in order of priority. I also review all meetings for the next 7 days – it declutters my brain and gets me in the mindset to crush the week.
- Plan your outfit for Monday – start with a killer ensemble to boost your confidence, and save time on Monday morning (when the last thing you want to do is crawl out of your warm, comforting bed).
- Netflix and tea – I love unwinding with a cup of chamomile or mint tea to relax, both of which help relax nerves and muscles to help you sleep.
- Use essential oils – before bed, I plug in my diffuser, which releases the calming scent of lavender oil. I also rub a few drops of lavender oil into the soles of my feet for next-level restful sleep.
- Read in bed – I take 10-20 minutes before bedtime to read in bed. For some reason, reading just knocks me right out. It also helps me avoid blue light emitted from my phone and laptop, which can seriously mess with your sleep.
- Meditate – if you had spoken to me about a year ago, I would’ve been the last person you’d think of who would meditate. I’m someone who gets restless very easily, and can’t sit still for more than a few minutes. After being introduced to Insight Timer, I’m now hooked. This free app houses >6,000 meditations with topics ranging from self-love to sleep.
And there you have it – my top 10 tips for practicing #selfcaresunday. What are your favourite tips? Leave them in the comments below!